Most people know about Pilates from taking classes offered at the local gym or doing a home video workout, but there is actually so much more to Pilates than working out on the floor or on a mat. Equipment-based Pilates is a great way to build upon mat Pilates. If you like mat work, then you will love working on the reformer, chair, barrel,
The main piece of equipment used in a studio is the reformer. It is
A few key points on how Pilates can help you include but are not limited to…
- building strength and firming your muscles
- increasing your flexibility
- improving your posture and decreasing or eliminating back pain
- strengthening the core/powerhouse as well as all the muscles in the body
- an overall sense of feeling and moving better
“In 10 sessions you will feel the difference. In 20 you will see the difference, and in 30, you’ll be on your way to having a whole new body.” ~ Joseph Pilates
Pilates is a building process that requires patience and consistency. If you are ready to commit to your body and your health, try Pilates for just one month and see how you feel. Like all of our clients, I’m sure you will quickly fall in love with it.
There are three different ways to practice Pilates.
- Private sessions are 55 minutes and they are great for those new to Pilates, those that have limitations or restrictions, and those who have specific fitness goals and want the dedicated attention.
- Semi-private sessions are great because you can work out with a friend, spouse, significant other or co-worker. It is important to have a great support system when trying to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Having a consistent and reliable partner helps to increase success and commitment to your practice.
- Small group sessions are a great way to practice Pilates if you are on a budget or if you like to train multiple times a week. Sessions are 55 minutes long and are limited to five participants. It is required that those new to Pilates take at least two private sessions first. This allows for a comfortable introduction to the Pilates apparatus and to the fundamentals of the Pilates practice.
Please know that there is a 24 Hour Cancellation policy for all sessions. Water and towels are provided, but feel free to bring your own. You will want to wear clothing that is somewhat fitted so that the instructors can see how you move your body. You will also want to wear socks. You can purchase Pilates Toe Sox at the studio.
Come check out our studio. In three sessions we will help determine your alignment-based goals and give you a preview of all the equipment. In 10 sessions, you’ll start to see improvement in your body alignment.
New Client Promotion – 3 Private Sessions for $180
We look forward to scheduling your first session!